Baked feta, blended into a delicious sauce with roasted cherry tomatoes and herbs, mixed with pasta, red onion and tangy capers – absolutely delicious!
- 400 g any dried pasta
- 200 g feta
- 680 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons capers (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat the oven to 200C / fan 180C.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil into an oven dish and spread it over the base of the dish.
- Open and drain the block of feta and place in the middle of the oven dish. Surround it with the cherry tomatoes.
- Add the garlic cloves (unpeeled and whole) and whole sprigs of rosemary. Sprinkle over the dried oregano, a tiny pinch of salt and a good few twists of black pepper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and beginning to burst. Remove the garlic cloves to a small plate to cool.
- Put the pasta in a large pan of cold, lightly salted water and put on a high heat to cook.
- (IF USING) Put the capers in a bowl of cold water to soak for a few minutes.
- Heat the remaining olive oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan. Add the sliced red onion and fry until soft.
- Squeeze the garlic flesh out of the roasted cloves into to the pan with the onion.
- Add the feta and cherry tomatoes into the pan with the onion and garlic and mix well – they should both start to break down and form a sauce. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the capers (IF USING) and stir them in.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the sauce. Mix well to coat the pasta, check the seasoning and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes