Tender chicken wrapped in bacon and smothered in an easy-peasy BBQ sauce, topped with melted cheese.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 bacon rashers
- 120 g gouda cheese, grated (or use cheddar)
For the sauce:
- 170 ml tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / fan 180°C.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 bacon rashers.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Put all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Carefully cover with the sauce, sprinkle over the cheese and pop it back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is meted and golden.
- Check that the chicken is completely cooked through and serve with some steamed vegetables, mashed potato or your choice of accompaniments.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes